Thursday, February 5, 2009

Snowbound

Snow--all day yesterday and night before.
Temps- below freezing
Problem: We're snowbound, meaning we can't get off the hill our house is on, and if we were to get off, the hard part, even with a 4-wheel drive truck, is getting back up. This means I won't be able to tell a story tonight as part of an Abingdon, VA Community College's arts series. 

Here's where our physical limitations are changing our lives. In years past, we wouldn't have thought anything of taking shovel, chain saw, boots as preparation for whatever the weather might bring. But no longer. Now we think about running out of breath, a tendency to bronchitis,
weakened muscles. No more "The show must go on," but "The show will have to go on without me."

Sadness and frustration. 

But as my syrupy friend says, "Look on the bright side!" The bright side of this, for me narcissistically, is that "Oh, good, I'll get to watch the Westminster Dog Show!"