Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday's Wash Day

Did you learn this song when you were little, like I did?

Today is Monday, Today is Monday,
Monday's wash day, Everybody happy?
Well, I should say!

Today is Tuesday, Today is Tuesday,
Tuesday Ironing, Monday washday
Everybody happy? Well, I should say.

Today is Wednesday, Today is Wednesday,
Wednesday Cleaning, Tuesday Ironing, Monday washday,
Everybody happy? Well, I should say.

Today is Thursday, Today is Thursday,
Thursday baking, (a little faster) Wednesday cleaning, Tuesday ironing, Monday washday,
Everybody happy? Well, I should say.

Today is Friday, Today is Friday,
Friday fiii-sh, (a little faster) Thursday baking, Wednesday cleaning, Tuesday ironing, Monday washday,
Everybody happy? Well, I should say.

Today is Saturday, Today is Saturday,
Saturday shopping, Friday fiii-sh, (faster) Thursday baking, Wednesday cleaning, Tuesday ironing, Monday washday,
Everybody happy? Well, I should say.

(Hushed and reverent voice) Today is Sunday, Today is Sunday,
(very hushed) Sunday church, 
(Louder) Saturday shopping, Friday fiii-sh, Thursday baking, Wednesday cleaning,
Tuesday ironing, Monday washday,
Everybody happy?
(Very loud) Well,   I--- should---saaaaay!!!

Today was the first day I felt like doing some household chores. And laundry was at the top of the list, and somehow this song kept coming into my mind as I transferred clothes from the washer to the dryer to the closet, from the hamper to the washer to the dryer and to the closet, over and over. I did leave some to be done tomorrow. I don't know how two people can have so much laundry! 

It's like trash! How can two people accumulate so much trash?

Note the picture I posted of the rising moon over the knobs that we live in. When I got down the lane to my house, we are so nestled into the hills that even though I looked east, I could see no moon. It was still down behind the knobs surrounding us. Only later, when the sky was velvet black could I see the moon, and indeed it was still silver. (No, I won't begin singing, "By the light of the silvery moon..." at least not right now.)

When I pulled into my carport, I had another opportunity to take a picture. BTW, I have a new Canon Power Shot E1 camera and this was the first time I had been out to take photos. So, here's the subject of my last photo. His name is GreyBoy, Tommy for short.