Sunday, October 2, 2011

BLING AND OTHER SLING THINGS

 EVERY SLING NEEDS SOME BLING!

On August 29, I had an accident and broke my left shoulder. It was a clean break with no shattering so it was repaired surgically on September 6 with a rod and two pins. I had a few complications due to a drug interaction, some swelling on the brain which was treated swiftly with meds, and some short-lived respiratory failure following surgery which got me transported to the ICU. Fortunately, the problem had corrected itself by the time I got there, buy they kept me there that day anyhow.

I was in the main hospital for a few days, then moved to a rehab hospital for two weeks. I came home to Castle Yonder on September 23. Ive had 24-hour personal assistance since then since I have no family nearby to help me. I am healing nicely and receiving physical therapy from a health care agency.

I've been out on errands twice with my good friend, Molly Catron, driving and helping me. That's when I decided to dress up a bit with some BLING.

I AM A SURVIVOR!!!