Sunday, October 16, 2011

Saying Goodbye While A Part Of Us Remains



     Only three more nights to stay at Castle Yonder. Wednesday, Oct. 19 I move to Abingdon and I am ready. 

     One of my last tasks was to scatter Rocky's ashes. He wanted half of them scattered over Castle Yonder, the house he built and the home he dearly loved.
So, today my friend, Jean, and my neighbor, Rudy, were present with me when I scattered Rock's ashes and read this little poem I wrote:

     Soft winds blow,
     Soft rains fall,
     The peace you longed for
     Covers all.

     Silent rains fall,
     Gentle breezes blow,
     Ashes take root
     Where wildflowers grow.

     Deer and turkey, grouse and hare
     Now one soul you all shall share,
     Lightening flashes, thunder rolls,
     Synergy of many souls.

     

     Sleep in peace, my Dear One.  Irmie