Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Smoothie Move

     Last night I decided to make Strawberry Smoothies with a new blender. I put the 2 cups of partially-thawed strawberries along with one mashed up banana and a king-size dribble of orange juice. I mixed it up and the blender buttons worked fine. Then I added 2 cartons of strawberry yogurt, and hit the "Blend" button. The mixture turned a beautiful shade of pink, although it was a bit closer to the Pepto Bismol shade I didn't want to think about. 
     I wanted to empty the contents into a small pitcher and it just didn't want to dislodge from the blender's base. So I turned the glass, and turned it, and turned it. Finally, I felt it give, and OOPS! I had Pepto Bismol Smoothie all over the counter, the little pitcher, the toaster, the blender, and dribbling down the cupboard to the floor.
     What a mess! And right before bedtime when I was hoping for a snack. I took an aspirin instead.

Mimi