Thursday, February 18, 2010

The 80 Year Old Antique




     My husband, Rocky, known as "The Old Coot" on another of my blogs used to collect and tinker with antique cars. That's just an example of an interest of a man who has been interested in many subjects, and thereby becoming a most interesting person to know.
     In the 35 years I've known him, Rocky has never ceased to amaze me with his abilities from playing the piano to laying stone to building furniture. And telling stories about it all!
     Rocky will become 80 years old on March 4. I wanted to have a surprise party for him, but he asked me not to and with his health (and the weather) keeping both of us inside this winter, I decided it wasn't a good idea.
     So as a substitute celebration, I thought it would be fun to shower Rocky with birthday cards. So I've sent out postcards, e-mail invitations, and Facebook announcements to ask friends, new and old, to surprise Rocky with a mailed birthday card on or around his birthday, March 4, two weeks from today. I've invited them to include a personal message, a memory, or an anecdote if they wish.
     If you're reading this and did not get a notice about the card shower, please send him one. He will be surprised, heart-touched, and probably embarrassed. Thanks!  Mimi