Friday, March 6, 2009

Birthday Presents

March 4, last Wednesday, was Rocky's 79th birthday. I told him last week I wanted to give him a "stressless" chair, and after describing it to him, he got pretty enthused. I had read about them as the anti-gravity chair/beds that were designed for the astronauts aboard a spacecraft. Then I saw them at a store in Jonesborough, Mauk's, right across from the International Storytelling Center. 

Last Friday we drove down since the store has many different sizes and styles and wants the person who is going to use it pick out the chair that is most comfortable for them. After sitting in a dozen or more chairs, we both chose the same one that was in a beautiful wine-red color and would not have to be ordered.

As Rocky was getting out his credit card, I reminded him that I have a birthday coming up in exactly 28 days from his, and I would enjoy having a chair like that, too. Long story short, we ordered two chairs and they were delivered on March 3. 

They are wonderful--I have found it difficult to leave mine. But I managed to get up and click this picture so you can admire them, too!