Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend 2009



It's December! How can that be? One holiday flows into the next with very few days in between, it seems.


My niece and her husband, Rosalie and Leslie, were here for five days over Thanksgiving and in addition to cooking a huge feast and some freezer meals for us, they did some projects around the house. Rosalie fitted some slipcovers I had bought for our recliners, planted eight Asiatic lilies, and helped me buy and place a Christmas tree, then dig out some ornaments. Leslie cleaned off our deck, cut off some grape and bittersweet vines, and pruned my blueberries. 



We also took a tour of The Bristol Speedway "Christmas In Lights." Wow! I hadn't seen it for over five years and it has expanded and is more organized into themes. And even more, they have set up some displays in the middle of the stadium so you actually get to drive on the racetrack. It's pretty spectacular!


MimiRock at Castle Yonder