Thursday, April 2, 2009

Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Yesterday was my birthday, and I had a special request. I wanted Rocky and I to go to the Barter Theatre in Abingdon to see Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Actually, it was my 2nd time to see it, as I first went with my good friend, Jean, two weeks ago. I enjoyed it so much and wanted Rocky to see it as I knew he'd love the spectacle of it.
And spectacle it was! Clever costumes, lavish scenery, and great music. A smile came over Rocky's face in the first few seconds, and it never left him. How that filled my heart!
Andrew Lloyd Webber is a great favorite of ours, and this was one of his first productions if I'm not mistaken, in the 1960's. An added bonus was that Eugene Wolf, who was a friend of Rocky's  when we were doing the Barter Storytellers around 1998, was playing the part of Jacob. Gene had a big hug for Rocky when he saw him yesterday.
We finished off the day with dinner at the new Troutdale Bistro, a fine restaurant that just opened in downtown Bristol. We were so stuffed and lethargic when we got home I had to take a little snooze in my new stressless anti-gravity chair which was one of our mutual birthday gifts.