Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rocky's 81st Birthday

Rocky's 81st birthday would have been March 4, last Saturday.
Here's a poem I wrote to remember and honor him.


Smile down on me from the moon beams,
Smile up at me from the Caribbean seas,
No matter where your spirit is
It's your smile that emergizes mine.

Smile up at me from the bloodroot, the coltsfoot, the may apple,
Smile down on me from the mist and the rainbow,

I feel your warmth and wit always
Hugging me around my shoulders
Like your old grey sweater 
On a chilly day,

Smile down on me,
Smile up at me,
Smile at me across the land,
Smile at me from wherever you are,

So I can smile.


                                                                                      Mimi Rockwell
                                                                                      March 4, 2011