Monday, April 19, 2010

Room With A Blue Sky View


     This view is of the blue sky as seen from Rocky's hospital room last Saturday. There is no blue like sky blue!


     Rocky shows a little improvement in that he is eating better thanks to an appetite stimulant they are giving him. He also is less confused, thanks to the end of the heavy-duty pain meds. He's still getting pain meds but only the same ones he could take as needed at home.


     Physical therapists and occupational therapists come in to work with him every day and he was feeling frisky tonight, teasing me that he was going to get up and take a shower. I told him only with a nurse on each side would he have my permission. Then he asked if he had any clothes he could wear in public. I told him they were in the closet. He asked with a wicked grin if I would get them out. "Absolutely not!" I said, "Are you planning to go somewhere?" "I'm going to escape," he answered. I shook my head at him, "If you show up at the house, Louie (our beagle) is going to bark at you." It felt good to be bantering a little with him, even though his teasing smile was more wicked than teasing. Oh, Rocky, what am I going to do with you?


     Well, let's see what tomorrow brings. Oh, one thing it will bring I already know. My friend, Molly, is coming in the morning to visit with me. It will be so good to talk with her.