Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nightime Visitors

 My reading chair is next to the bedroom window that looks out onto a small deck, and last night I heard cat hissing and little squeals. I looked out and there was our male cat, Greyboy, hissing and swatting at a raccoon, slightly larger than the cat. We've had raccoon visitors before and the cats usually just sit on the railing and watch the raccoons eat their Meow Mix. So it seemed unusual that there would be what sounded like a cat fight going on. I saw Mama Raccoon jump up onto the railing and Greyboy back off, so I grabbed for my camera and opened the door.
Of course, all raccoon eyes focused on me and I began snapping pictures. After several shots, Mama Raccoon decided she'd had enough and made a move towards me standing in the open doorway which didn't remain open for long. I watched her run along the railing and exit stage left, with the two youngun's coming along a good little ways behind her. She disappeared so I opened the door again and got a couple more shots of two little cuties. Tonight, I remembered to bring the Meow Mix inside before it got dark. 


MimiRock at Castle Yonder
Posted by Picasa